Journal of Festival Culture Inquiry and Analysis, Education Special.
FCRE is committed to developing an understanding of how festival culture impacts education at all levels, all ages, all over the world. We view education as a meaningful vehicle for the transmission of culture. For this reason, it is crucial to investigate and educate on how festival culture has changed or sustained education practice.
ISSN 2752-633X (Print) ISSN 2752-6348 (Online)
We recognise that students and teachers bring a variety of valuable cultural experiences and knowledge into the classroom and this can enhance pedagogy and learning. While we must acknowledge that formal education does not take place in a vacuum, we must also recognise that the majority of learning takes place outside of the classroom. We appreciate that there is a symbiotic relationship between festival culture and education, and our exploration of this relationship benefits both of these concepts.
We welcome personal narratives or autoethnographic work, original research papers and reviews, theoretically informed and empirically grounded. In this education special we focus on Festival Culture and Education, including but not limited to:
• How festival culture has impacted education systems, curriculum, and education policy
• How festival culture has permeated various elements of society (i.e. media, music, events and activities), and how these channels form educational tools for the society
• Festival culture and Learning and Teaching for educators
• Festival culture, leadership and succession planning
• Formal, informal and non-formal learning and teaching processes and practices in festival culture
• Learning and Teaching Methods and Methodologies in festival culture
Practitioners are welcome to submit articles in their particular area of interest within festival culture.
All strong and serious submissions considered for inclusion will go through a peer-reviewed process.
A brief schedule for upcoming deadlines: Deadline to submit abstracts (500 words)
21st November 2021 extended to 19 February 2022
Abstract Notification of acceptance 20th January 2022 extended to 28 February 2022
Deadline for Completed Papers (5,000 words including reports)
1st August 2022
Proposed Publication Date Late 2022
Abstracts/full papers previously published or under consideration for publication while being
evaluated for this Journal will not be accepted.